Wednesday, February 01, 2012

YO! Is Mario coming to work today, cuz i heard that boy is out 6!

there was once a time when I was the lone bear in the axiom technology cave. you might be asking yourself “how poogene? how could one person possibly support 6 users?” well… i think we all know the answer to that one. since i am half-man / half-amazing, i was able to deftly respond to the 4 problems a week we were having. but then over the course of the next 5 years something unexpected happened and jolted me out of my SPANX® for Men. we grew at an alarming rate and thus more problems needed to be resolved, more solutions needed to be provided and I was not ready to just up and stop googling myself all day.
something had to be done- somebody had to make up for my slack…
peering frantically across the room, mine eyes landed on a grinning knave busting away at excel spreadsheets. his name was Mario Browne and he was the new accounting temp. he extended his hand out to greet me and i traced his hand up his arm and at the end was a smile as wide as the world wide web. well, I mean- his mouth isn’t actually on his shoulder, it’s on his face. i don’t mean that his arm comes out of his mouth, I’m just trying to be poeti-

anyways. dude- that’s not the point.… he joined me 6 years ago and i showed him everything i knew. 12 minutes later he asked if i knew anything else. he has a learning curve that’s so steep, it’s like more like a vertical line. as he quickly came to speed on helping out with tech, order was restored. i could finally go back to spending the precious, necessary hours in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror.

boy wonder has more patience than Bellevue, more smarts than an ass-whoopin, and our attorneys adore him. as do we. as do i… he’s a huge part of our family and our culture. how axiom played a huge part in his personal journey from barbados is one of our best stories. i’m so glad we took a chance on this lanky 19 year old bajan. i’ve no idea where i’d be without him

happy six years mb.

i love you homey,

poo!

No comments: